Thursday, March 10, 2016

Memories of Dad

My dad often said he was tired, and he was because he always seemed to work long hours.  He was always busy.  But my dad was never TOO tired or TOO busy to help a neighbor or to come to the rescue of one of his children.  I remember going with Dad to help him tow a teenage neighbor’s car home where he fixed it.  The way Dad did it required two drivers, his Ford F-150 and sturdy chain.  My job was to ride the breaks all the way home.  Another time, he went to rescue my older brother and tow his car home.  Something bad had happened to the car on an old golf course.  Another memory was when a Christian school administrator called after dark reporting a broken down school bus. It was raining that night but Dad went anyway.

My Dad passed away ten years ago.  As I thanked God today for those memories, I realized that my Heavenly Father is not unlike my earthly Father.  Even though He is busy watching over more than 6 billion people, He always has time to hear my prayers and to speak to my heart.  He never tires.  He is always faithful and is always there for me.

I thank God for my earthly father, Roy Claflin, for the time he spent with me, for the example he lived before me, and for his love.  But I also thank God for my Heavenly Father, who loves me unconditionally, who never leaves me, and who always hears my cry.

In Psalm 68:5, God promised to be a “Father to the fatherless”.  Is He your Father?  The Apostle John said in John 1:12 “But to all who believed Jesus and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.”  If you believe on Jesus and accept Him as Lord and Savior, God will be your Father.  What are you waiting for?

pk

No comments:

Post a Comment